|In the Mulhouse Museum|
There is something beguilingly ugly about certain French locomotives and indeed cars.
I'm not claiming these folk are the best in their field - but simply that I love watching them perform.
1. Justine Henin
When she was forced into premature retirement (for the second time) a couple of years ago, I was genuinely saddened: the thought of not seeing this utterly wonderful tennis player ever again.
For me, head and shoulders above everyone else.
2. Tim Henman – an artist at the net.
3. Roger Federer – wonderful.
4. Lasse Viren – Finnish long distance runner who every Olympics came out of the tundra to torment his opponents.
5. Johan Cruyff – I prefer watching footage of him to either Pele, Messi or Maradonna
6. Sugar Ray Leonard - artist.
7. Chic Charnley – utter eccentric and brilliant striker of a ball.
8. Bobby Russell – a pleasure to watch – always made space for himself.
9. Fernando Torres – dynamic and lethal.
10. Stan Collymore – ditto